Thursday, November 02, 2006

Nerd news in brief

Now that Halloween has come and gone, it’s time for me to sober up, dust myself off, and catch up on all the shit that’s been going down in the nerd community of late. Saddle up, kids.

  • Beefy and Snyder won their Song Fight! thanks to the undeniable rockitude of “Outside Paradise.” Goddamn friendflooder.
  • In other Beefy-related news, the BoCon gig was a rousing success, even given the facts that Router was ogled and Idahoans don’t understand the inherent comedic value of the word “Whitesican.” More pics of Router, Beef, and MC Plus+ are forthcoming.
  • Should you currently find yourself with a dearth of listenable material, may I humbly suggest you check out MCeeP’s recently completed Nerdcore Demon EP and the collected works of Masters Glenn Case (of Frontalittle Squad fame) and the Shael Riley (of Shael Riley fame).
  • Speaking of Shael, a bootleg of the man live at The Western Front is now free for the taking, compliments of fellow Frontalot BBS poster falcomadol.
  • As far as non-musical news goes, I’d be neglecting my title as Defender of the Faith if I didn’t remind you that we’re only a couple of weeks away from the PS3 and Wii console launches. Have your pre-ordered yet? No? Poor bastard.
  • And also on the video game tip; Lik Sang is no more. They played with fire and they were consumed.
  • Lastly, if you’re not watching Heroes, you should be. I’m serious. It has a cheerleader and a junkie and a Japanese guy and super powers galore. It’s like the unholy spawn of J. Michael Straczynski and John Hughes.

And there you have it. I didn’t miss anything did I? If so, feel free to enlighten me.

No comments: