*DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUUUM*
It’s hard sometimes for me to grasp how wholly shackled I am to my PC, and, indeed, to all technological trappings. Of course, the universe elects to totally fuck my shit up from time to time so as to remind me.
Oh universe, you’re such a cad!
- Spell Chek: Obviously tired of hooking me up with new nerd ink to feature, Church instead sent me this list of fabulously misspelled tattoos. Remember, its only funny because it’s not you.
- Your Greatest Battle: MC Frontalot has announced the official release date for his next full-length, Final Boss, as November 1st. He’s also dropped news concerning a national tour with MC Lars to coincide with the release. Exciting, no?
- Too Much Nerdy: You can expect new albums from Beefy and uber producer nYgel slightly sooner. As in, within the next few weeks. Yes, Beefy’s Rolling Doubles and nYg’s Free To Good Home mixtape are both nearing release. I’ll have interviews with the artists and reviews of the albums as soon as I can get my metaphorical shit straight.
- Join the Alliance: In other event news, Anthony has just turned me on to the Chiptune Alliance Tour, a series of shows throughout the UK featuring the talents of Anamanaguchi, Random, Sabrepulse, Firebrand Boy, Syphus, Henry Homesweet, We Are The Future, Spheres of Chaos and Unicorn Kid. A couple of the scheduled event dates for late August are as yet unattached to venues, so hit up Sabrepulse if you can help in that regard.
- They Really Are: And don’t forget the 4th annual I Am 8-Bit music and art show currently going on in Hollywood. The event runs until September 7th, and is sponsored, in part, by our friends at Capcom.
- Do it for Ran: And speaking of, one of Random’s contacts from Capcom, a cat named Shawn, just created a Capcom Music site. His Royal Randomness cordially requests your joinage of said project. So do your man a solid and check it out.
- There Can Be Only… Two?: If you like your nerdy rhymes with a side of old school battle rap, you should make your way to Rhyme Torrents for the forthcoming 2-on-2 Rap Battle competition. Teams include everyone from international duo The Ranger & T.Y.T. to the pride of the UK Category & MisterB. Think of it as the Olympics. With more rap and less pesky nationalism.
- This week on COPS: A recent gig at B Natural in Ofallon, MO featuring our own Whore Moans boasted an amazing closer: the local police force. Yes, and if you look closely, you can see Johnny Law creeping into frame in this video of Moans’ “Mecha Mechanics.” Good times.
- The Last Boy Scout: On a personal note, I’ve recently found out that I qualify for a merit badge. Well, two, I guess.
- DJ Spock: And taking us home is another great find from Church. It’s a cleverly edited Star Trek vid provided by CBS itself. Live long and prosper.