How a man as unabashedly lazy as me can manage to have so much to do is... Well, it's damned near counterintuitive!
But enough of tales of my boring personal life. The time has come for More Nerd News in Brief.
- The Scissor Sisters: Nerdy musician Glenn Case recently clipped off nearly a foot of his hair for donation to Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces for disadvantaged children suffering from long-term hair loss due to causes such as alopecia and chemotherapy treatment. Check out Glenn's MySpace for before, during, and after pics, and be sure to say a kind word to the man for his altruism.
- When Yo-Yos attack: Anyone within driving distance of St. Paul, MN should be aware that Doc Popular is serving as a featured performer at the 18th Annual MONDO Jugglefest. The good Doctor will be teaching some workshops and performing on the main stage. Skill toy debauchery will surely abound.
- You down with RPG?: At this weekend's JACON in Orlando, Rocket Propelled Geeks will be hosting a panel about nerdcore. It's slated to begin at 4:00 PM on Saturday. Afterwards, interested nerds are invited to go out drinking/carousing, and then eventually to see Spider-Man 3.
- They'll give love back: For you folks a little further West, Oddioblender recently announced that he and his band will be playing a Battle of the Bands at Dreamworld in Arlington, TX that same Saturday. He even provided a map. It's an all-ages show, so go support your boy and feel free to bring the kiddies. Show 'em some love!
- "Punk bands who have [fallen] in in love with me":Hot on the heals of the recent Mediocre Tour, nerdcore's foremost Whitesican is planning another, larger tour throughout the summer with regional punkers Better of Naked and Bomb Threat Wednesday. When pressed for info, Beefy said, "Sadly I don't have too many details besides it starts in Santa Cruz on June 18th." I'll happily pass on more info as it becomes available.
- Once more, with feeling: Lastly, after following the story in a manner so delightfully obsessive as to only be appreciated by me (and... y'know... him), my pal Church has made his own "Oh Nine, Eff Nine" video. Take a gander, and let its hypnotic qualities see you through to another wonderful weekend.