Friday, September 15, 2006
Posted by Z. at 4:49 PM
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Posted by Z. at 6:39 PM
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
- Anime enthusiast, nerdcore MC, and all-around nice guy Mr. Karl Olson has posted a few more pics from the post-PAX nerdcore gig in
. Such pictures, I am told, are worth words. Several of them. Kirkland
- Tomorrow is the day when we will find if who won the CBC’s “Remix the Ring” contest. If there is any justice in the world, Baddd Spellah will walk away with the cash prize of $1000 Canadian. That’s gotta be what? Thirty-five? Forty dollars in real money?
There are no fewer than8 versions of Front’s Braggadocio vying for the title of most undeniably awesome over at Remixfight.org. Your opinion counts!
- Game rock gods The Advantage have a veritable shit-ton of gigs lined up this week/weekend in the state called CA: Wed 09/13
San Diego CA@ Casbah, Thu 09/14 Los Angels CA @ Echo, Sat 09/16 San Jose CA@ Nickel City Arcade, Sun 09/17 @ Bottom of the Hill San Francisco CA
Speaking of live nerdy-type music,don’t forget the EPP show this weekend and the Shael Riley gig next Thursday. They need your support.
- Something Awful takes a dump on nerdcore in their Your Band Sucks Aptitude Test. Of course, they also slam Dream Theatre, so, y’know, you gotta take the bad with the good.
- And lastly, of no particular import to anyone except, well, me: upstate SC has an independent video game retailer. Oh joy! Oh rapture!
Posted by Z. at 3:08 PM
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Do my eyes deceive me? Could the signs and portents be true? Could it possibly be that this Saturday at Sacred Grounds Coffehouse in
‘Tis true! ‘Tis true! The hirsute MC Wreckshin, the impeccably shorn funky49, the comic savvy Sir-Up, the delectable Betty Rebel, and even the conveniently named DJ Jeff MK will all be in attendance; for no other reason than to rock the house/your ass/your ass which, it so happens, is located within said house.
And the house as well.
And the house as well.
Posted by Z. at 3:34 PM
It’s genius. Pure genius.
Posted by Z. at 3:19 PM
Monday, September 11, 2006
Just moments ago I came across a BBS post that instantly changed this calm, cool delivery into an impassioned plea! The gist of it is as follows: if Shael can secure an adequate audience for the Fat Baby show, his agent can get him a shot as the opener for the Optimus Rhyme/Frontalot show on October 21st at Crash Mansion.
Suffice it to say that this is a huge deal for Shael, as it represents a significant jump in venue size. It also garners our boy some serious bragging rights. I mean, playing with Front was a huge step, but being on a bill with both Front AND Optimus? An enormous leap, I say! (That’s the nerdcore big-time™ for those of you keeping score at home.)
So that explains why it’s good for Shael, thinks the ever-skeptical reader, but what’s in it for me?
Let me put it to you as succinctly as possible. You go see Shael at Fat Baby for a paltry 7 bones – you are rewarded by a night of nerdly frivolity, complete with songs about how music ruined video games and the oft-mentioned but seldom understood bit-pop. You go home happy, slightly intoxicated, and filled with a sense of overall wellbeing.
By doing this, by simply allowing Shael to make a bit of musical love to your ear-hole, you afford him the chance of playing another gig – one month later to-the-day – with a multitude of (nerdcore) heavenly host.
Of course you go see that show as well, and, in addition to the sweet strains of Mr. Riley, you also get to hear the funk-tastic bombast of Optimus Rhyme and the aural antics of MC Frontalot! From this gig you will leave not merely contented, but wrapped in a snuggly blanket of nerdcore nirvana. I guaran-goddamn-tee it.
So go see Shael, help him out, and, in turn, help yourself out. You love the music. You want the music. You need the music.
Go on. Treat yourself. You deserve it!
Posted by Z. at 1:14 PM