I'm not gonna lie; this has been a long-ass week. But it's almost behind us, so I reckon the best course of action is to plow ahead toward the weekend. Of course, before I do that I need to drop another Nerd News in Brief.
- And the world will never be the same: All you cats in Portland be sure to head out to catch the Mediocre Tour (along with Panda Fist and Hott Pink) tonight at Adventureland. And those of you in Seattle would be fools to miss tomorrow's Goondocks CD release party at Tommy's Nightclub featuring the triumphant return of the Mediocre Tour to Sea-town as well as hometown heroes Optimus Rhyme. You're not fools, are you?
- The stars at night are big and bright: Speaking of Friday gigs, all you Texans should head Austin-way to check out mc chris's SXSW showcase at Karma (119 W 8th St) Fifteen bucks gets you in, and no wrist band is needed. Bring your friends. Sing along. Get mc some major label love. He will seriously be your best friend if you attend. Seriously.
- Parliament Dorkadelic: Church shot me an email last week that's just too damn nerdy not to share. Apparently a member of the Finnish Parliament has his Web site viewable in three languages: Swedish, English, and Klingon. Fuck, at least it's more practical than Esperanto!
- For the Glory of Qo'Nos : Speaking of Klingons, Star Trek metalheads Stovokor are currently soliciting for questions via their MySpace. If you wanna play, simply shoot the guys a message titled “Question” through their profile link. I asked if they had any plans to perform on the east coast and how many Cardassians it took to change a lightbulb. Their answers? Yes and four.
- Morose: And lastly, our pals Gabriel and Syn have posted another rousing edition of Nerdcore News. Be sure to watch all the way to the end. Gabriel drops some knowledge.