Hopefully, I'll be able to smooth things out quickly and get back up to my regular level of output here at the blog, but, in the meantime, blame any temporary disruption of service on the heartless American nine-to-five.
What a way to make a living!
- My GF is…: Props to Church for turning me on to Dale Chase's ode to lady programmers "Coder Girls." Peep the video on YouTube and score the lyrics from Dale' site. You'll be glad you did.
- Just Like You and Me: Also, just in time for Drunken Podcasting Month, Church ran across this veritable jewel of the internet. Brothers and sisters, I present to you Geeks Who Drink. Essentially, it's a traveling pub quiz that kicks traditional bar trivia right in the nuts. If you find yourself in the appropriate geographic area, definitely check out their shit.
- (Bad) Horsing Around: PAX attendees are encouraged to seek out those wild lads from Epic Default Productions at this year's gathering. They'll be hawking sweet merch, conducting live interviews and, of course, pranking the hell out of the greater Seattle area. It's what they do.
- Life is Grand: If you've already bought a copy of the self-titled debut from Sea-town's own Supercommuter, prepare to buy another. Wheelie and company have recently announced that they plan to donate all profits from sales of the project to the Child’s Play charity.
- Wrock This Town: Also from the great state of Washington comes news that Jarod (of AlienBobz) has made available three more outstanding live sets. You can hear The Parselmouths, The Whomping Willows and The Remus Lupins' performances from this summer's Wizard Rock spectacular at Bellevue's Lake Hill Clubhouse for the low, low price of free at Archive.org.
- Riddle Me This: And on the Wrock front, the delightful ladies from Riddle™ have recently unveiled a brand new site. And not to discount the musical talent of Georgia and Victoria, but it has the most adorable flash intro ever. Ever!
- Powered Up: RapReviews' Hip-Hop Shop podcast recently featured an interview with none other than Random. It includes a half-hour Q&A plus 3 songs from Mega Ran 9. What's not to love?
- I'm V-Pain. You Know Me.: I guess this hardly rates as news anymore – much in the same way that the sun rising in the east isn't wholly unexpected – but Phoenix loves Maja! Seriously, y'all, dude is all over the place. Check out his most recent profile in the New Times. At this rate, he will be governor of Arizona by year's end. Mark my words.
- Join the Swarm: Arguably this week's biggest piece of nerd news concerns Pensacola's imminent Nerd Invasion. NerdRockstar and Scrub Club have engineered an event so massive it will take four theaters of the Silver Screen Entertainment Complex just to contain it. Music, magic, mirth and… booze are the orders of the day this November 6th and 7th. Details are available at the official event site, and proceeds from NerdRockstar's current wicked t-shirt sale benefit the event. So go read up and then buy some shit!
- Trock Out with Your Sonic Screwdriver Out: Taking us home this week comes a metal remix of the Doctor Who theme that my boy funky49 hipped me to. It's by Daniel Cripps, and an MP3 of the track (and lots of other cool stuff) is available at his site.