Who am I to argue? He's Stephen Hawking.
Still, I can't help but worry. Hell, I can't even ride Space Mountain; how am I gonna manage full-on interplanetary travel, or even the more benign low Earth orbit?
Well, I reckon y'all'll need someone to stay behind and monitor the condition of our tired and ailing home world. Maybe I can even manage the transport system. I'll be just like Shockwave only fleshy and southern.
Just promise me you'll write, and always think back fondly upon More Nerd News in Brief.
- All the way to 11: I begin this edition with news worthy of the top spot: the Tap is back! Now I don't give a good goddamn if you think Spinal Tap is nerdy or not, as they are their own unique brand of awesome. The boys will reunite for a performance at Wembley Stadium as part of the Live Earth concert series. UK nerds take note, and beware of spontaneous combustion.
- The Majors: And while we're on the subject of the evils of rock 'n' roll, my boy Church just turned me on to an excellent piece written by Steve Albini concerning the dastardly machinations of A&R guys. It's a chilling but informative read that any aspiring musicians should check out.
- Network Etiquette: Benjamin Bear would very much like to explain to you the elaborate system of politeness and respect recognized while conversing on ye olde Intertubes. No. Not really, but his new release Netiquette dropped earlier this week. Take a listen and share your thoughts, BUT DO NOT TYPE THEM IN ALL CAPS!!!11one!1
- Sentimental melancholy: Though not quite ready for release yet, my pal Antisocial assures me that his new album, entitled Depressed Nerd , should be wrapped up and ready for the world on May 18th . This is Soc's first foray into the realm of the full release, and I couldn't be more excited for him. :D
- Femme-Geeks: Nerdcore For Life got some UK and Canadian press this week, with our own lovely and talented Fanatical and Nursehella (respectively) front and center. Sometimes nerdcore is a beautiful thing. Other times it's hairy and smells like Sterno. But sometimes, oh sometimes!
- Back from the grave and stoned off his ass: Lastly, I'd like to wholeheartedly thank MC Wreckshin for calling to my attention that Captain America was recently arrested at a Florida bar. Battery? Disorderly conduct? Possession of marijuana and destruction of evidence? Oh, Cap, I am so disappointed!