But I reckon this isn’t exactly the place to talk about that. On the other hand, this is the perfect place to talk about something else I like, in this case international nerdcore combo Dual Core.
A few weeks back, int eighty promised me an update concerning the various exciting things the band’s been up to in recent months, and such a communiqué just graced my inbox. And since I know y’all dig Dual Core too, I thought I’d share the wealth.
Think of it as an artist-specific NNIB, in all it’s bulleted glory.
- New Digs: At long last, the new version of the official Dual Core Web site is now online. It features an RSS feed, snippets from their albums, and photos from recent shows. Peep the knowledge.
- Missing: 1 Reality. Slightly Used. Reward.: At even longer last, the duo’s new album Lost Reality is now officially available online through said swanky new site. You can also score it via iTunes and Amazon, so there’s no reason not to own it. (I’ll elaborate on this fact later this month in my official album review.)
- Friends Like These: You can also hear the dulcet tones of eighty on the newly released Digital Gangster LP from the dynamic duo of YTCracker and MC Lars. Did I mention that this is an album you need to buy as well?
- On the Road Again: Dual Core also joined the Digital Gangster tour with MC Frontalot, MC Lars, and YT for three glorious shows in Bowling Green, Chicago, and DeKalb. And they’ve appeared at a number of conventions including Toorcon X (San Diego, CA), Con on the Cob (Akron, OH), Ohio Linux Fest (Columbus, OH), Day-Con II (Dayton, OH), and Phreaknic 12 (Nashville, TN).
- The Future is Now: Perhaps most importantly, eighty let slip that they are already hard at work on their next album, which will, I am assured, boast "more awesome production from c64." Not only that, but they’re slated for guest appearances on several other upcoming releases. Of course, they didn’t want to spoil the surprise by telling me which releases. But trust me; as soon as I know, you’ll know.