If anyone’s in need of another righteous “fuck you” to Jack Thompson, this is it. Gaming literally saved this kid’s life. And not just gaming: WoW. Yes, World of Warcraft, the crack cocaine of the videogame world.
It just goes to show you that you can develop real world skills practically anywhere. It also goes to show you that moose are dangerous.
- Renegade cowboy poet: Nerdcore icon Beefy and ‘terny rockers From the Dust (featuring Ryan St. Cameraman) recently appeared in some outtakes from a recent Atomic Town video interview. Somewhere within all this delightful tomfoolery, it was slipped that these two primal forces of the Tri-Cities music scene are toying with the idea of joining forces under the moniker LAN Party. There’s also talk of a song about Unicron. Make it so, sweet baby Jeebus, make it so!
- Be on Beef’s album: In other Beefy news, Mr. Thompson is currently seeking guest rhymes for a track called “Disconnect” on his forthcoming album Rolling Doubles. The track already features the great YTCracker, so if you’re gonna try and get in on the action, bring you’re A game. Further information can be procured here.
- Game Music 4 U: GM4A’s winter season compilation has, unfortunately, been postponed to Quarter 1 of next year due to circumstances beyond the control of Anthony and company. Ant says to the participants: “If you can still be part of the compilation, and if you have gotten any closer to a finished track definitely let me know.” Early, late, or right on time, I can't wait to hear this one.
- The most fun you could possibly have: Church just pointed me toward this piece on my man Baddd Spellah at the Inkling magazine Web site. It’s a very interesting, if brief, sojourn into Spellah’s inner sanctum. More importantly, it reveals that’s he’s currently working with a new artist, MC Jomega. Apparently Santa really did get my letter!
- RIP Pimp C: On a sadder note, rapper Pimp C, known in wider circles for his work with Jay-Z and to nerd’s as the cat on the hook of YTCracker’s “Shineback,” was found dead in his hotel room earlier this week. He will be missed.
- Nullsleep’s haircut pwns u: New York chiptune festival Blip Fest recently got some press from ABC News. Church came through with a link to the vid, which you can enjoy here.
- One of us!: The Wizard Rock community also got some more love from the mainstream this week when MTV released a year-end top 10 list of their favorite Wrock bands. The Wrock community responded with the type of lively (and ultimately fruitless) debate that you’d expect from our fellow nerds.
- One to grow on: Word also came from Devin of the Wrockers The Owl Post this week that some in the scene are expanding their source material to include other book series. Check out Matt’s recent post at Headphone Sacrament for more info.
- Another damn holiday: Church would like to remind you all that tomorrow is Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day. I plan to fall into the role of ZX409, an escaped test subject from the North Central Positronic Research and Development wing circa the distant future.
- Little Miss Can’t be Wrong: Today I’ll leave you with another installment of Little Miss Gamer. This time around she takes on StarTropics, meaning I now know a grand total of 1 person who played that game.