Monday, June 04, 2007

Nerd News in Brief

This weekend the wife and I watched Pan's Labyrinth, and the whole time I kept thinking about how differently the Spanish Civil War would've gone if the rebels had only solicited the help of Spain's indigenous magical creatures. I'm just sayin'.

And now, while I ponder the eternal struggle of fascism versus supernatural monarchy, please enjoy Nerd News in Brief.

  • Game (Rock) On: By all accounts, Level Up, the first live outing ever put together by my friends from Game Music 4 All, was a rousing success. Congrats to all who participated, and happy belated birthday to the GM4A crew!
  • Wait… Texas is a democracy?!: Local entertainment magazine Forth Worth Weekly has compiled the nominees for its 2007 music awards, and our own MC Router made the cut. Please make your way to the booth in an orderly fashion and cast a vote for your girl. And, contrary to popular wisdom, I'm gonna suggest that you should mess with Texas.
  • In Ur Valley Getting Uncanny: As part of his continuing mission to provide me with an unending supply of smart-assed macros, my bro Church has recently uncovered LOL BOTS. Sweet, delectable memes!
  • Clearly Canadian: Jesse Dangerously has a new EP in the works called Verba Volant. Much like his previous Inter Alia , this work “is produced half-and-half by two of Backburner's A-list producers - this time Fresh Kils and Timbuktu.” More info (including a track listing) can be found over here.
  • Light at the end of the tunnel: And lastly, my pal Gabriel (of Nerdcore News) recently conducted an interview with my other pal funky49. This particular interview stands as the last section in a seventy-six part feature on nerdcore in the greater Florida area. You think I'm joking.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Gabe should audition at Comedy Cent.

Anthony said...

Thanks for supporting our show, couldn't have done it without ya! zealous1 also came to the show. he had some nice things to say over at his site too. I'm glad we made such an impact, and will be doing this all again soon enough! We'll be putting up some footage and pictures from the show soon =]

Z. said...

Gabe's a funny man indeed, Church.

Always glad to support my GM4A brothers, Ant! :)