Friday, November 10, 2006

Share your pain

Okay, so it’s not quite as prestigious an offer as presented recently by YTCracker, but I’m currently looking to add a little extra pizzazz to the next edition of Radio Free Hipster.

RFH Ep. 11, which I’m currently working on under the title "Busted Glasses, Broken Heart," is all about love and relationships and about how they often times don’t turn out like you’d hoped and/or planned for both the nerdy and the non-nerdy alike. The song list is shaping up nicely but, in the interest of giving voice to the spurned, I’d like to solicit some little spoken-word clips from listeners who wouldn’t mind sending in anonymous (or not-so anonymous) messages to ex-lovers.

Did she break your heart and take your money? Did he tell you that you were just like your mother? Do you secretly still miss her? Would you just like to get all your stuff back?

All I’m looking for is some little snippets to smatter between tracks. I’m thinking something along the lines of "Hi, this is {your nickname or first name}, and this message is for {his/her nickname or first name}: I want all my CDs back!"

But really, it’s your call.

All I ask is that you keep it topical and brief. Depending on how many people are actually bored enough to submit these I may not be able to include them all, but I’ll do my best.

Any takers can contact me via the email link located in the sidebar. I ask that attached files be MP3s of no more than 20 seconds in length with bitrates of no less than 64 and no more than 192 kbps.

I’d like to point out, of course, that this won’t do anything at all in the way of helping to mend a broken relationship or get your favorite Cure t-shirt back, but sometimes sharing as good.

So, y’know, feel free to share.

It’s therapeutic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The YT link is dead, apparently b/c he had a server crash. What was the offer?

Z. said...

A few weeks back YT openly solicited for fan-made bumpers to edit into his new album. I’m not sure how many cats eventually ended up sending him shit, but I know I did!