Thursday, November 09, 2006

Gary Busey’s mechanical tiger

Okay, so in all my Halloween merrymaking I managed to miss VH1’s supernatural-themed Celebrity Paranormal Project. Initially, I really didn’t feel this to be too big of a loss, as it’s essentially just a C-list celebrity version of MTV’s Fear.

This all changed when I caught a rerun last night. First off, it featured metal-nerd/marginal comedic actor Hal Sparks, whom I seem to find hilarious in spite of myself. But the big payoff was Gary Busey. Oh yeah: Gary-fucking-Busey!

He prattled on and on about the supernatural, his innate understanding of the nature of the paranormal, and “sounds that were like a mechanical tiger.” You just can’t make this shit up.

Don’t get me wrong, the show is horrible: blatantly staged and poorly paced. And yet, with upcoming guests like the great Gilbert Gottfried, I am hooked.

For some reason, there’s no YouTube of Gary’s rambling, but you can get the gist of the Busey experience here.

No comments: