Saturday, August 05, 2006

Nerd love to the haters

Not a lot in the way of posts this week. Once again, it’s not because shit hasn’t been going on. I’ve simply been otherwise indisposed. I’m already piecing together ep. 3 of my podcast, Radio Free Hipster. (It’s an all nerdcore edition that’s looking to be a doozy. That’s right, kids, a doozy.) I’ve also been working on a new mash-up using an a cappella that YTCracker was nice enough to provide for me. Needless to say, that process is slow going. I’m not exactly what you’d call a “DJ” or a “producer.” Nor am I blessed with what you’d call “talent” or “skill,” so don’t expect much, okay?

I’m also finalizing my feature for the month. The real work has been done for weeks, but I always like to let a piece sit for a while if possible. That way all parties involved are able to take a good, long, sober look at what we’ve compiled and weed out anything that may incriminate us later.

On a totally unrelated note, my homie (sp?) High-C over at Rhyme Torrents posted a link to this little gem. I know Joel isn’t exactly everyone’s favorite software pundit, but I think he hits the nail on the head in this regard. For some reason, making fun of nerds is still in vogue. Considering the facts that A) with the prevalence of technology in the modern household, pop culture is rapidly aping nerd culture and B) because of this proximity to tech most people (especially the young, the educated, and those with a fair amount of disposable income) who aren’t professed nerds at least have nerdly tendencies, this is fairly asinine. But hey, what can you do? Rail against it in your blog, I reckon. It works for Joel. And for me.

No comments: