Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Adam YachtRock

My go-to gag regarding Adam WarRock simply concerns how goddamn prolific he is; he's an artist that I fear seeing live, because by the time he makes it to the stage he's already replaced all the joints I know with brand new material.

And this trend shows no signs of slowing down.

Hot on the heels of his hip-hop retelling of the opera La Boheme – itself a 4 track EP produced by your friend and mine Mikal kHill for Opera Memphis – Euge has just dropped yet another freebie. This one reunites WarRock with Vince Vandal for a fun and infectious collection of rap-pop. It's based on the music of frat rockers Vampire Weekend, and, to paraphrase the piece's mission statement, it's meant to be a bit of a musical pick-me-up for the artist himself as well as anyone who's currently struggling with… life. (God knows it's helped me through a rough week.)

So pop them polos, kids. Shit's about to get preppy.

No comments: