|Photo/bead sprite by @madhattersez|
I think I'm still a little too close to the event itself.
I remember once going to the Dali museum in St. Pete and looking up at The Hallucinogenic Toreador on its original, full-size canvas. All I saw was flies, fabric and arches until I stepped back and took the whole thing in from a distance.
The same principle's at play here, and I should be able to relate the overall experience better in a couple of days when I've achieved that optimum distance.
For now, though, I'd like to reveal a subset of my notes from the event. They were tucked away on their own little page under the heading "Inside Jokes." If you weren't there they probably won't mean much, and even if you were some will still miss their mark. Shit, there are a couple of 'em even I don't understand, so consider this a rough experiment. Or better yet my own fragmented attempt at gonzo journalism.
- Drinky Time with Shael and Z.
- "Cover your shame and your nipples with this fine quality t-shirt!"
- The ever-living cookie meme
- "[X] do you know [Y]?"
- Matching faces with screen names
- "Z. is away being a social butterfly."
- Sexy elevator voice
- The utter debauchery of the Sunni cam
- "They also seem to aid in the abatement of hangovers, though I couldn't find that anywhere on the packaging."
- "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have…"
- "What could anyone possibly have against Doritos?"
- "When I say hip, you whisper hop!"
- MC Bagels (It ain't nothin' for him to toast a bitch!)
- "How old is your little dude?"
- "I expected a cowboy hat."
- Big stage sets on the little stage
- "The price of that man's love? Two AA batteries."
- "This raffle never ends!"
- The mysterious (but probably distasteful and damn-near Faustian) Larry/Mark barter
- "He paid his dues on the fast track, very likely using night classes and summer school."
- Over 1000?!
- "On three: 1-2-3 5 minutes!"
- Attack of the tiny bass players
- "See? That's the kind of shit that happens when white people dance."
- A science-free weekend
- Magic blankets
Today's wholly incomprehensible post is brought to you by the letters N-A-P and the number 1000.