Thursday, November 05, 2009

Be Prepared

I probably don't need to remind you of this, but I will. I mean, it's kind of what I do.

This very weekend, Pensacola, FL will play host to Nerd Invasion, an event that (I at least hope) is the first of in new brand series of geek culture events. Combining the music, gaming and socializing aspects of Nerdapalooza with the fast-paced, perpetual madness of an old school lock-in, the Invasion looks to tweak the accepted formula of nerdy gatherings in a manner most divine.

Helming the event is the Scrub Club family and merch man extraordinaire Jason Rockstar of NerdRockStar.com. But that's just the beginning.

Additional sponsors include tabletop giants Wizards of the Coast and White Wolf, Florida's own Homefield Sports and Games, California's Asahi Brewery, Bawls energy drink, sci-fi psychedelic-funk kid's show Gongafunkadine and nerdy music staple Radio KOL: a motley assortment of nerd-friendly businesses to be sure.

Add to this musical performances by Shael Riley, Schaffer the Darklord, Marc with a C, Dual Core, ZeaLouS1, Krondor Krew and the Scrub Clubbers – not to mention the final round of the Club's Versus Mode competition, which will take place live on-stage – and you've got something special.

Sadly, I won't be there myself, but my buddies Matt and GeekDad Curtis have pledged to rock shit up on my behalf. If you spot 'em in the crowd, be sure to give 'em some love. 'Cause that's what Nerd Invasion is all about.

1 comment:

killsaly said...

Sounds too fun. I wanted to go with Matt, but alas it wasnt feasible. Have fun for all of us Matt!