Friday, August 10, 2007

More Nerd News in Brief

My pal Matt just told me that Ministry's Al Jourgensen is performing a Beatles tribute with Cheap Trick. Seriously.

How the fuck did that happen?

I'm not saying I'm not intrigued, I'm just saying that this is the stylistic equivalent of letting Prince front the Marshal Tucker Band for a night of Elvis covers.

Hell, the former makes the latter seem do-able!

  • Straight Outta Stockholm: MC Lars will be playing a show on August 20th at the Cafe du Nord in San Francisco. I don't doubt that he'll perform all the smart and sassy songs you know by heart. Hell, Al Jourgensen may even show up. Or not. Doors open at 7:30 PM.
  • All the clever Michael Vick references have already been used: My boys the Metamystiks are back with another joint guaranteed to melt your face/shake your ass. It's called "Waste Management," and, of course, it features myf and Super Dragon X on vox and the turntable stylings of a certain DJ Synder. Wack MCs take heed.
  • Wireless Router: Texans take note, MC Router and T-Byte get their own FW Weekly cover story in the issue dropping August 15th. Though 1GB gets the splash, Router assures us that Beefy, Dan, and YTCracker are mentioned, as well as MCs Frontalot and chris. Pick up a copy.
  • Not to be confused with the Marvel/DJ crossover: My favorite Transformer just dropped his new album. (No, not Soundwave.) You can pick up Maja's The Amalgam Project here, and help bring the underground out into the sunlight. Hell, the "Transformer" acappella alone is worth the price of admission!
  • I'm officially a dirty sub-reference!: A friend of mine is the mod for burgeoning adult social networking site Social Kink, and she recently asked for my permission to call her profile blog KinksterPlease. How could I not agree to that?
  • "I wouldn't use the word rapper": Schaffer the Dark Lord just released his new video for the single "The Rappist." It was shot in April of this year at Fontana's in NYC, was directed and edited by Bruce Ashley, and produced by Amy Selwocki. It also features "the six lovely ladies of the stellar burlesque troupe known as the Peach Tartes, Law & Order's sexy Leslie Hendrix, the beautiful Leigh Hurwitz and the gorgeous Dr. Sarah Schaffer." Behold its glory:

No comments: