Monday, December 18, 2006

The final frontier

I checked my mail this morning – which is, consequently, the right thing to do – to find two separate Trek-related tidbits.

The first concerns a nerdcore track about Trekkie pride, but, as I was only afforded a preview of the forthcoming goodness, I will stop short of sharing the details. Suffice it to say that this track is as fine as (blood) wine.

The second is another piece of YouTubey goodness by friend of Hipster, please! and all-around alpha nerd ChurchHatesTucker: a tribute of sorts to the continuing Star Trek fan project known as Starship Exeter. Check out Church’s veritable love letter to Mego, the crew of the USS Exeter, and the Trek universe itself. And if you think the voiceover sounds a bit familiar, you earn +1 to your observation skill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks, Z, you're making me blush.

What's up with the Trek track? Something uncompleted?

Z. said...

Hey, I appreciate you sharing your work with the rest of the class, Church.

I think the Trekkie track is mostly finished, but it was still in the demo stage when I heard it. Knowing the parties involved, I reckon there are still some more layers to be added and some minor production tweaks to be done. I imagine it should be available soon. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Anonymous said...

More layers? Do I smell Shael?

Z. said...

Maybe, but it ain’t his song! :P