Thursday, July 13, 2006

In Canada, paperclips are like money

Another story out of Canada! Eh, whatcha gonna do?

I don’t know if most of you would consider this to fall under the umbrella of “nerd culture,” but I do. I mean, this is the kind of outlandish shit that only a wired world has to offer.

For those of you who haven’t been keeping up, Kyle MacDonald traded a red paperclip for a house. He started a blog about wishing to trade a single red paperclip for bigger and better things on July 12 2005 and 14 trades later, exactly one year after his original offer; he traded a movie role to the Town of Kipling Saskatchewan for a free house.

My only qualm is as follows: Who the fuck trades an afternoon with Alice Cooper for a measly Kiss snow globe? But, hey, this wasn’t my project.

This story has gotten tons of media attention, but you can read Kyle’s story for yourself at his blog.

Ain’t life grand?

No comments: