Monday, August 13, 2012

New Musics for Your Monday

It's another sunshiny Monday afternoon, and I am stuck at my desk answering (predominantly misdirected) help calls and choking down another lunch of peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks. In short, I need a musical distraction, and I reckon you do too.

My current playlist is a two-pronged attack on workplace boredom, and the opening salvo comes from my boy Jesse Dangerously. Recently he reworked a slice of breezy indie rock from Canadian singer-songwriter Krista Muir as the surreal and dirge-like slice of hip-hop introspection dubbed "Slept Through a Landslide" with Noah23. You can cop the single, as well as isolated instrumental/cappella versions and Muir's original track "Tired Angels," via Bandcamp. It's a pay-what-you-want release, but maybe you can slip Jesse a little coin so he and I can hit up Cook Out for some shakes when he passes through Charlotte next month.


On the lighter side, Supercommuter is back with "I Like It" featuring Beefy, MC Frontalot, Itty Bitty Bot and Square Wail. It's a chip-hop banger about personal preference that is, much like Wu-Tang, for the children. This one's also available through Bandcamp, and it comes packaged with its own special Stenobot DMG remix. Again, it's available for free, but maybe you can kick in a little scratch. Because I have it on good authority that Wheelie Cyberman likes food.

No comments: