Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Call Me Uatu

In case you missed it, Kirby Krackle celebrated their triumphant return to Seattle – after a lengthy sojourn here on the east coast at New York Comic Con – with a show last week at famed local watering hole the High Dive. In tow were local nerdcore hip-hoppers Death*Star and Beefy, thus making it a true Sea-town musical affair.

A number of great videos of the set have already surfaced on the YouTubes, with my favorite footage coming from user futuredirt. To give you an idea of the level of awesome that was achieved at this event, here's a little taste.

It's a version of E for Everyone comic-funk classic "Can I Watch You?" featuring ol' Beef Thompson.

2 comments:

Seattle Geekly said...

We were lucky enough to be at this show and it was, in fact, amazing. If you have the opportunity to see Kirby Krackle, Beefy or Death*Star live you owe it to yourself to do so.

Z. said...

Strongly seconded, Matt 'n' Shannon! I caught Kirby Krackle myself this summer, and I hear nothing but good things about Death*Star's live show. And Beefy, of course, is my baby's mother. :)