Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Radio Free Hipster Ep. 95: The Tribble with Troubles

You will likely notice that this episode features me startlingly sober. Yes, I admit it – I was totally not drunk during the recording of RFH 95.

But fear not, as even now I am finalizing plans for my own annual celebration of Drunken Podcasting Month. My friends Matt and Church will again be joining me for the festivities, and the finished product will be made available to you by month's end.

In the meantime, please enjoy the following musical Star Trekkery.

Yes, that's totally a word now.

Download Radio Free Hipster Ep. 95: The Tribble with Troubles [hosting provided by Antisoc] Size: 46.7 MB Running Time: 51:01 Subscribe to RFH

Show Notes:

Intro: Baddd Spellah – "Radio Free Hipster Theme (feat. Beefy)"
These lads often go where no man has gone before. (That sounded way less nasty in my head.)

Track 1: YTCracker – "These Are the Voyages (feat. Hairetsu)"
Nerd King YTCracker is currently on a Space Mission. You are invited to come along.

Z's 1st interlude: "I don't really have anything to add to that save thank you and… holy shit!"
Yes, folks, you are now listening to an award winning podcast! Now I just need to rejigger the title graphic to reflect this. :)

Track 2: Jayenkai – "Pain (Extended Mix)"
An instrumental version of this track also serves as the background music for this ep.

Track 3: Nerf Herder – "Mr. Spock"
I can't really tell you which I like more – Parry Gripp's solo work or Nerf Herder. Let us just agree that both are awesome.

Track 4: Sci-Fried – "My Name Is Spock 2.0"
One of my favorite moments of Nerdapalooza 2010 was Sci-Fried's performance of this song.

Track 5: Family Guy dialog / Bloodhag – "James Blish"
At the top of my nerd rock wish list is another Bloodhag album.

Track 6: No Kill I – "Vaal"
You can't do a Star Trek podcast without NKI. It's the law!

Track 7: The Scofflaws – "William Shatner"
As suggested by Geek Studies' Jason.

Track 8: Family Guy dialog / Darkmateria – "The Picard Song"
I've been sitting on this audio clip for ages!

Z's 2nd interlude: "Please hit me up with some of your own picks. "
Feel free to let me know which excellent Star Trek jams I missed.

Track 9: Marc Gunn – "A Drop of Vulcan Blood"
From Marc's brand new release Kilted for Her Pleasure.

Track 10: William Shatner dialog / Warp 11 – "Belt Buckle Tractor Beam"
Did I use this Star Trek episode as an excuse to play one of the most offensive Warp 11 tracks? Maybe.

Track 11: Ookla the Mok – "Mr. W."
Am I the only one with any faith in Worf as a captain?!

Track 12: Klenginem – "SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'"
My Klingon is deplorable.

Z's final interlude: "A very special 5-year mission of its very own."
That mission? World domination!

Track 13: Lab Rat – "Star Trek Theme (Remix)"
It's always hard for me to work tracks this lengthy into the podcast, but it seemed like a perfect way to wind this episode down.

I have to offer some extra special thanks to resident Trekkie/er Church H. Tucker for helping out with the song selections for this ep. Though it proved a little hip-hop deficient, I think it came together quite nicely. I sincerely hope you feel the same.

As I stated earlier, the recording of the annual drunkcast is still being hammered – Hammered! Get it? – out at present, but I'll make it a point to get it to you in a timely manner. In the meantime, keep an ear open for incoming drunken revelry from many of my distinguished peers.

And remember – it's Drunken Podcasting Month all September long!

8 comments:

Jimi said...

Z! This is my favourite RFH... ever. It is excellent, and introduced my to some freaking brilliant musics.

I was going to join the talkie one in complaint regarding FSR's absence, but you more than made up for it

Church said...

About time... Nice mix, though. I'm particularly struck by how Klengenim just parses like some World Music track.

And it's Trekkie. Trekker is for people delusional enough to think that it makes a difference (some of whom are heroes of mine, so there's that.)

Volcano-Themed Bathroom said...

That was a great podcast.

I'm not a Star Trek guy myself, but I absolutely love those rare occasions when we're graced with a rock-flavored episode.

Z. said...

Wow! Thanks, Jimi. :) Glad to know you got a lot out of it.

Thanks for the clarification, Church. ;)

Y'know what, V-TB? I'll make it a point to include ample rock in the next few shows just for you!

killsaly said...

Everyone knows Stargate is the best of the "star" titled Sci Fi properties.

Z. said...

Actually the correct answer is Star Frontiers, ks, but thanks for playing. ;)

Dave White said...

You know, I've heard a lot of nerdy things in my time, but Eminem in Klingon comes very close to taking the cake forever.

Z. said...

Yeah, Dave, it's definitely high on my list.