Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Favorite Monster

I try not to post album announcements. Really I do. I understand that they are unfair. Exploitative. A veritable cock-tease.

I talk about a release and how it's gonna be awesome and I get you all hot and/or bothered, but then I make you wait.

Shame on me.

Shame on me big time. 'Cause I am about to do it again.

You see, Uncle Monsterface has been teasing their forthcoming release, an EP of cover songs, for several months now, doling out information in bite-size chunks. This week, however, they let the entire cat out of the bag.

(Did mixing the "bite-size chunks" and "cat in a bag" metaphors seem unnecessarily creepy to anyone else?)

The project in question, previously known only as Jokey Jingles but now officially dubbed Jokey Jingles Ultimate Dance Party Mix, Volume 3, will contain five tracks. They are as follows:
  • "Toxic" – Britney Spears (a previously released track)
  • "Blue Rosebuds" – The Residents
  • "Little Girls" – Oingo Boingo
  • "Worms Make Dirt" – The Aquabats
  • "Like A Prayer" – Madonna (a staple song of the group's live shows)
But more important than the EP's contents is its release date: Monday, November 2nd. Yes, in less than a week you will be treated to more Monsterface-y musical goodness, not to mention the premiere of the music video for their unique interpretation of the aforementioned "Like A Prayer."

And how much would you expect to pay for such a treasure?

Guess again, taintmeat, 'cause it's free!

Well, free to subscribers of the of the band's official mailing list. So get on there. Like, now.


4 comments:

killsaly said...

Sweetness! I believe they did Toxic at NAP this year.

Z. said...

They did indeed, KS!

Shael Riley said...

Let's get this party started!

Z. said...

Indeed, Shael! Dan sent me an early copy last night, and it is truly epic!