Thursday, August 25, 2005

Nintendogs update

After only two days, my Nintendog, a doxie named Hershel, has learned to sit, shake hands, and lie down. He's fairly well behaved and agreeable, for what is essentially a software-based non-dog, and he seems eager to be trained. However his most endearing quality is his irrational fear of sticks. I shit you not.

On a late-night walk we found a decoratively wrapped package containing said stick (which is odd in and of itself, but that’s not the point), and when we got back to our minimally decorated and oh-so modern little flat, I thought I’d throw the stick. Owing to the fact that Hershel is a friggin’ dog, I assumed he would happily chase down the twig and gnaw on it to his heart’s content, but it didn’t go that way. Basically, he cowered and yelped, approached the stick cautiously, took a wiff of it with his outstretched nose and ran for cover.

My Nintendog is an unmitigated coward.

No comments: